Sunday 23 December 2012

Waiting for news - part 33

The last two years has been very slow progress for Atlantis but we are lookin forward to 2013 an the work ahead. Mum say the nearer we get to the end, the harder it seems to get.

Because dad is such an accommodatin man when the landlord asked if we'd move our boat again so they could do work on another boat that would only fit in our mooring, he said ok.

So Atlantis was moved across the river to our old mooring. This meant we had to use a little boat to get to her each time. An we could only go when the tides was right! Oh what a palaver! Very nice on a warm, sunny day but not so nice in the rain and wind!

Dad prefers the gondola approach to rowing - must be his mediterranean blood! heehee


She can look a long way away when you are waiting for the tide to come in. We would tend to leave as soon as we could so we could have maximum time aboard!


I could always av a cool-off on da way over and swim to Atlantis. All part of ma olympic training you see?


Hmmm how dus we gonna get on board? I fink the ladder is in the wrong place!


Phew dussnt worry pals, we got a couple of barges to help us climb over. Course, this requires timin and waiting for the tide. Dad says the one fing he really lookin forward to when we gets settled in the Med is no tides .. or mud!!


I dus ma security checks once we is on board. I fink somfink been hanging around the crane! Smells a bit birdy. I got the feelin they bin nestin around ere!


The neighbours were quiet anyway! heehee I fink dat is wot they calls a fixer-upper opportunity!!


Chillaxin on board on the sofa. It's hard work all this boat conversion stuff you know! A girl has to rest, especially in the heat.



Mum an dad painted the wheelhouse this day. It was a bootiful day, lovely and warm, perfect for painting. The sunset was glorious that night. We took this photo from the riverbank as the sun set.


Course, I had to have a dip! Well, I wouldn't be me if I didn't av a quick swim would I? Any opportunity I says!


Quick ride home in the car. I remember it bein very ot, so dad let me have a windy ride home. That is out of the window, not from ma bum! I has ma harness on for safety ere as you will notice.


Mum an dad was findin it difficult to lift me up onto the barges so ma old life jacket made an appearance. I fink it might of shrunk! Portadog!


Pfftttt. See you next time pals .. when Atlantis gets a new coat of paint ready for her move to Fullbridge.

2 comments:

  1. Mom loves following your progress here Lexie...and watching you swim...She wants me to swim but so far I put my paw down to that *snoogles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. is gettin very excitin my chum....not sure about the swimmin though....strictly for da fishes

    ReplyDelete